It always amazes me how feature complete #Racket is. It has
- its own IDE and Emacs modes
- Cross platform GUI toolkit
- Database drivers
- JSON/XML serialization
- HTTP server/clients
- a Package manager/repo
- a centralized and standardized documentation repository
- the best language and learning materials for any existing Lisp.
- Build exe’s on every platform
You can start with Racket and be productive within a few days.
Yet, Racketeers always talk about how easy it is to create their own language with Racket, which is a total niche application and mostly irrelevant for any practical usage. And scares of any business programmer who is just curious if Racket is of any value for them.